Not all tall wood buildings are new. You may own a century-old post-and-beam timber building and plan to re-purpose it or want to assess its condition for due diligence. We can help with this.
Some of the services we offer for existing buildings include:
- Species assessment
- Assessment of checking (splitting) of beams and columns
- Assessment of notches and hole openings
- Assessment of deterioration
- Assessment of fire damage
- Analysis of member capacity for change in use or upgrades to current building codes
Some of our assessment techniques are non-destructive. For assessments of existing timbers in buildings and bridges, we use laboratory-grade moisture testing equipment, species analysis and visual assessments. In cases where there are concerns regarding potential internal degradation of timbers, we also have in-house non-destructive testing equipment which measures internal density of timbers.